Check & Protect...with Sunscreen!🧴
One of the most important pieces our Check+Protect reminders is none other than: Please wear sunscreen!
The temperature is warming up, and with so much beautiful sunshine, it's only natural that you'll be outside enjoying yourself! While it's a great time of year to enjoy time outdoors, don't let your skincare take a backseat. Now more than ever, you should prioritize your at-home skincare routine (sunscreen included!) so that your skin remains healthy.
One of the best ways to protect your skin from damage or exposure to harmful UV rays is to slather on sunscreen. This can be accomplished in a matter of minutes. Plus, you have peace of mind that you won't get sunburned - ouch!.
Did you know that wearing sunscreen with at least 15 SPF can actually reduce your risk of carcinoma by 40% and reduce your risk of melanoma by 50%? Yes, wearing sunscreen is THAT important. Some people simply don't know just how much it can really save your skin and protect you from skin cancer.
Some other things you may not know about sunscreen application:
· You should still wear sunscreen even if you're indoors. Why? Because harmful UVA and UVB rays can still penetrate your skin via windows. Plus, you're likely to step outside at least once in a while, so you don't want to forget to apply sunscreen simply because you may spend most of your day indoors.
· Don't forget to reapply! If you're outside, you should remember to reapply your sunscreen at least every two hours to ensure that you haven't sweat it off.
But wait--what type of sunscreen should you wear? The truth is, the type of sunscreen you choose should be appropriate for your skin type. Here's a brief breakdown of the best sunscreens we offer that are suited for certain skin types:
· Oily / Acne-prone skin: EltaMD UV Daily Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 Moisturizing Facial Sunscreen
· Normal skin: Isdin Eryfotona Actinica Sunscreen
· Sensitive skin: West Dermatology Aloe + Cucumber Sunscreen SPF 50
Not sure what type of skin you have? Not to worry, we can help with that too! When you schedule your next skin check appointment with us, we can help identify which products are best for your skin.
And the best news we've been saving for last: Throughout the entire month of May, our sunscreen is on sale for 20% off! Just use SUNSCREEN20 at checkout. Stock up now to protect your skin and save money. Don't wait--this deal doesn't last forever, and you want to be sure that your skin is protected to the max.